Sunday, March 21, 2010

What to do and not to do!!

Things NOT to do-try to fix our car ourselves and wind up spending A LOT of MONEY
So this weekend my hubbie decided to work on my car to save us some big bucks!! He was replacing the ball joints and wheel bearings. We only have to keep the car until next spring and then I get to get a new one Yeah so we did not want to put a lot of money it in!!! Well long story short...it was not a good experience. And we had to wind up towing it and paying a lot more to fixit. So lesson learned....Doctor's work in a hospital and mechanics in a garage for a reason!!!

Things NOT to Do: Call the Wrong Number and vent to a complete stranger
Well with the car issue Chris was really upset and he never gets upset!!!and so I felt horrible. Well I decided to try and arrange something fun for him. He was going to get tickets from his attending to go see the Lighting play so I thought I would be a sweet wife and call his dad to go with him and that way when he got home from work his dad would be here and they could go hang out and have some fun. So I tried to call their home and no one was there so I left a message. Well I have Mike's (Chris's dad) cell phone number or so I thought!! So I called the number I had and a guy said hello. I said "hey"and asked "who this was?" he said Jacob. Well my brother in law is named Jacob so I just thought it was him . They live in the same town etc so I thought maybe he was with them. I started talking to him and saying how the girls were so sad to not be able to go to the movie with his wife and kids and how Chris was really bummed about the car and on and on I went. Finally I asked if Mike was there and he said "Ma, I do not know who Mike is"and I just got really quiet and said "where did you get this phone"and he said "the Verizon store." I then realized I am an idiot and had been talking to a complete stranger but seriously what are the odds??? Anyways I apologized and told him thank you for listening to me and then hung up. So lesson learned...check your numbers before you start venting to a complete stranger. Even if the stranger was really nice and let me vent for awhile :)


To Do-Have fun with Family
So we were suppose to go over and take the girls to see a movie with their Aunt Jessica and Grandpa and Grandma Bingham well with our car difficulties we could not go over :(
(I can not drive Chris's car which is a stick shift-but we will save that for another blog post)
Believe me there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth from Sadie and Ana. I believe that their exact words were that we have ruined their lives. Good to know we have achieved that already at such a young age. Now that Chris and my job is done we can relax hee hee;) J/K Well I managed to calm them down and promise that we could go see them soon.
Well SURPRISE, Grandma and Grandpa called on Sunday and said that they were coming over and on top of that bringing Cindy and Luke and Easter presents. Boy it does not get any better than that!! We were really grateful to them and appreciated their visit. We all needed a pick me up.
Wyatt and Grandpa!!!
I took this picture b/c I love the way Wyatt was looking at him. Wyatt loves his Grandpa.
And not to leave Grandma out. He was smiling and cooing at her too!! Wyatt is a lucky boy. He has great Grandparents.
I loved this picture!! Chris and his dad were reading and laughing at the Far Side Comics. I can just image one day this will be Wyatt and Chris.
Grandma and Wyatt again. I got them on video. Wyatt was cooing and talking so sweet to her.

Ana showing off her Bunny coloring book they got her and Sadie.
Sadie, Cindy and Ana cheesing for me. I went out to take the picture and they were barking and howling like dogs. I asked them what they were doing and they said, "We are howling and barking like a dog." Sometimes I think I should just be quite. :)

CrAzY Picture!!

Tissue Paper Pom-Poms

So I found these on line and thought they would make a cute mobile for Wyatt. So I went and brought everything and made one. This is the picture of how they are suppose to look.

This is mine. Not bad but not great. So I went looking for something else and I found paper globes.

Here is a picture of the globes used as a topiary.

Topiarycutout


And here is mine. Not to shabby I must say. Now I just have to make a few more and then hang them over his crib. And a side note, hopefully my face will be smaller soon...I so ready to lose this extra baby fat!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment