Saturday, April 10, 2010

Field Day and Dirt Pies

Sadie had her field day at school. Now that I am finally mobile again..aka not sick from being pregnant and getting better sleep, I am back to going to school and helping etc. Sadie's teacher actually forgot what I looked like :( She thought I was a blond. I wish!!
So I went to help with Field day. It is a day where they all do fun outdoor activities like the wet sponge throw, obstacle courses and sack races etc. The only problem was that it was a very cloudy day with a 50 % chance of rain and yep, we got wet!!!And yes I had Wyatt with me. Lucky for me I had my humongous Seminole umbrella..GO NoLeS!!!!! And it covered us completely.
Well I have to say my Sad is a fast one! She is actually really athletic. The girls in her class rocked and beat the boys in the tug a war and they have some really big guys in her class. I was so proud! The Sad part is I left my camera so I did not get any pictures :( but the good thing is, I left my camera and it did not get soaked :)

Today I got everyone ready to got to the pool, it is a huge ordeal..we have to have a dozen masks and floats, towels, snacks, sunscreen, and now with Wyatt comes baby hats, swim diapers, floats etc. etc. I go through this whole routine to discover the pool is closed b/c some kid did his business in it :( Ugh ! I was so mad so I told the girls they could play in the water at home.
While they were out back playing in the water hose I decided to do some much needed cleaning. I swear only 5 minutes passed and I went to see if they were ok...they were covered head to toe in MUD!! They had stuck the water hose in the ground and made a huge hole and a huge mess. I did not know whether to laugh or cry. I said why guys?? They replied "you told us to have fun". I guess fun =mud and lots of it. (Again no picture)...hence why my husband is on his way home with a new camera at the moment but try to image.....head to toe mud. All you could see were their eyes. They are having their third bath and I now have to go and buy some dirt to fill in the huge hole they made. So as I copy that visa or american express commercial...can not remember which???. Soap and water bill, 20 bucks, dirt to fill up the hole 5 bucks, Fun and memories... Priceless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment